Job Description: The Utility Person job is an entry level position and a core component for our workforce as one the of world’s largest steel producers. The Utility Person operates equipment and performs tasks that support the various production and service units. As a Utility Person you will perform general labor duties that include the use of torches, shovels and other hand tools. You will also operate some mobile equipment, in a heavy industrial environment. The Utility Person also supports and assists in maintenance of plant equipment.
• Performs tasks that support various producing units using basic hand tools, pneumatic equipment, gauges, oxygen lances, power actuated tools, and torches.
• Handles, transports, and processes product and materials
• Work with and around materials that may be hot, heavy or sharp, and hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to perform manual labor and lift in excess of 25 lbs.
• Assists in inspecting and performing maintenance on equipment.
• Work in various areas of the mill is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.
• You may be required to work in close proximity to molten metal.
• After brief on the job training, you will be expected to move into a Utility Technician position which includes operation of material handling equipment such as overhead and mobile cranes of various sizes and types, tractors, trucks, dozers, loaders, boom trucks, and feeders.
• 1 year of manufacturing/industrial experience or equivalent.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• The position requires rotating 8 hour shift work, which will include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, boots with metatarsal protection, and when necessary respirator equipment.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
• Must pass a written assessment test. ... Learn More
About United States Steel
The United States Steel Corporation, more commonly known as U.S. Steel, is an American integrated st United States Steel has been categorized as Manufacturing : Metal & Mineral Manufacturing employer and has a rating of 2.6 / 5 out of a total count of 512 ratings
Posted 7 days ago - Save Job
Related Manufacturing Jobs
Utility Worker - Service / Yard Utility - Michigan
MacAllister Machinery Company, Inc. - Wixom, MI
5 days ago
306 General Utility Person
HB Performance - Mequon, WI
12 hours ago
Order Fulfillment Utility Person - 2nd Shift
NOW Foods - Sparks, NV 89434
1 day ago
Pizza King - Winchester, IN 47394
2 days ago
Maxfield MGMT Group - Omaha, NE
3 days ago